Wednesday 2 April 2014

First draft of front cover

This is my flat plan for my front cover, it gives me an idea of how to create my music magazine cover and where everything needs to go. Instead of thinking on the stop i have a plan that i can keep looking back to, i will follow the flat plan and if im not happy or i get bad feedback i will then make the apprioriate changes.
 
 
 
 
 
Here is my first draft of my music magazine front cover, i will get audience feedback in order to improve my cover and make it look more professional, i also want to know what my target consumers want to see.  
Automatically i can personally already see changes that i need to make. The title ' Intact' is too small and i havent included a price which is a vital element so i can sell my magazine! I want to change the size and font of some of the text and will experiment with placing it differently around my artist.





After getting some feedback from class mates and my nextdoor neighbour i made some vital changes that im hoping has improved my magazine for the better. I made the Title 'Intact' much bigger so it really stands out at the top and is clear and easy to see. I included a price at the bottom of the magazine as i previously didnt put one in. I moved the sub headings around and made a new one to fill up the space a bit more and draw more consumers in and removed the image of my 2nd music artist as i decided to include that on the contents page rather then the front cover like many other indie magazines do.

I asked some girls in the year below for some feedback on my front cover, ' It looks very professional' ' The image stands out and is a very good shot' ' The colour scheme looks slick and makes the cover look more like a real music magazine' and ' Experiment with the text and move it around to see if it creates a different

No comments:

Post a Comment