Monday 24 March 2014

Photos from my first shoot

 
This is a potential image of my music artist that i am considering using for the front cover, the brick wall in the background gives an edgy feel to the image and would also be easy to place text on top of without it being hard to read or see. The brick background also emphasises his stern facial expression and looks professional as theres no distractions or imperfections distracting consumers from my music artist, the attention is fully focused on him. The clothing also represents his steriotypical genre as 'Indie' as he is dressed in a baggy jumper and is engaging with audience members staight away as he is looking straight into the camera. My music artist also looks himself and he is fully regonisable to consumers and isnt dressed up or hard to see. Its important to represent your artist and make them noticable straight away. As my music artist is staring into the camera and i believe thats very important for a front cover of a magazine to have, as he is catching the attention of target audience members as females will be attracted to that and males will want to be like that.
 
 
Here is another image i could consider using for the front of my music magazine. Theres a bit more going on in the background but there is still the bricks on show. The trees add a bit more colour into the photo and could be edited to look a different colour or a bit more edgy to attract more attention. My music artist is also staring straight into the camera again which grabs consumers attention as he looks confident and this will stand out. He is wearing a different oversized blue velvet jumper which is currently in fashion at the moment and sticks to his unique style that some boys may be interested and may interpret in there own way. I want my music artist to be an inspiration and for young people to be able to relate to him; thats why i believe the festival front cover with his advice aswell would be very helpful and vital for young adults going to festivals without a clue. In this image there may be to much going on in the background which could take distraction away from my music artist, this is something i will have to consider if choosing this as my front cover image.

 
This is an image that would need cropping and editing, if i was to use it. The background is very detailed with more colours going on and the brick and nature theme still running through. This image shows consumers the whole of my music artist and what he is wearing, this will be appealing to fans as they will want to know the latest of what he is wearing and his style. He is still looking straight into the camera even though he is far away which shows his confidence but contrasts with him looking small and vunerable infront of the huge trees in the background. If i was to use this image it would be on the double page spread when he is talking to target audience members about festivals and tips on how to keep safe. This could show him in a different more sensitive light and this image would support that theme as he isnt up close to the camera but sitting relaxed looking up.

 
This image is slightly different as my music artist is looking to the side and smiling instead of the previous stern look straight into the camera. This would be a fun relaxed image to use on the contents page or the double page spread as its not so serious and shows a more fun side to my music artist. The background is still the same as the previous photos as I have shot them in the same location which keeps the continuality flowing throughout my images.
 
 
This image is also of my artist looking to the side, I could also use this on my contents page. I believe this image has a professional feel to it as his body language is very stylized and he is sitting in a certain position to create an atmospheric feel and looks as if he is looking into the distance. This is more serious compared to the previous and includes the background and my artists full body in the photo. His fashion is still consistent and the same as the other images, I believe that the clothes he wears are vital to stick to his own image and to influence his fans. I would need to crop and re size the image and could possibly use it on my contents page to inform readers of what page to go on to see his article.
 
 
 
This is another long shot that i captured with my music artist, i am not fond of this image as it looks to posed and he is standing awkwardly and it doesnt look like an image that would appear in a music magazine. You would most likely see this type of photo in a clothing magazine or an advertisment for clothes. It doesnt look like any music magazines covers i have researched so i will not consider using this image in my music magazine.
 

 
When taking this photograph i thought that the hammock would work nicely and it would be a good location to take the photo in. But now i can see the shots taken i am not to keen on the outcome. My artist is to far away and there is to much going on in the background which draws attention away from him. This could work in my double page spread or contents page but doesnt have alot of meaning behind it and you cant see his facial expressions. His body language is mutual and i dont feel like i will be using this shot in my magazine.
 
 

 
This shot does not work at all. The sunlight at the top ruins the focus and it looks really cramed in and unprofessional. The shot says nothing about my music artist and looks rushed and tacky. The location isnt ideal and it just looks like a garden fence and doesnt look like a realistic image that would be produced on a magazine cover or inside of it. I will not be using this image at all.
 

 
Here is a mid shot of my music artist infront of a brick wall. I particulary like these shots because they make him look edgy and cool which is what i am trying to show. He is looking straight into the camera which is great because he is connecting with consumers and he is clear and easy to see. The brick wall also doesnt take any focus away from him and is not a distraction. The hands behind his back make him seem relaxed and chilled and would be a good shot to have on my contents page.
 

 
This mid shot is out of focus but shows my music artist pointing and laughing, this could be a fun image to put on my double page spread to show him having a good side and show a less serious side to him. The brick wall is also quite basic and the attention is on him. I will have to take into consideration that the photo is out of focus which is a shame because it shows a lighter side to him compared to stern facial expressions he is pulling in most of the others.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Good Emily now show yr drafts and keep gaining audience feedback
    EJ

    ReplyDelete