Monday 10 March 2014

Researching a Final Contents Page

 
[health+contents.jpg]
 
This is a contents page from a Yoga and Health magazine and although i will be creating a music magazine contents page, its important to notice and be inspired by the typical conventions and aware of how to make my own one sucessful.
This particular contents page, straight away the colours stand out to me, which is important for this genre as its all about excerise and taking everything in. Blue and Water are pure colours and represent water and air in science, these relate to health and yoga and these colours are used throughout the whole page and dominant the headings and text. Magazines should follow through consistently with the colour scheme in order to make it look professional and visually appealing, to many colours will distract the consumers from the actual content.  By researching contents pages it has made me more and more aware of how important the colours and layout is. The layout of this page is quite spaced out informative. The page numbers have been included like the others and a heading underneath to briefly explain what the page will consist of so the readers can easily find what there looking for, again from my research I believe that including some sort of title or heading is important and professional and will enhance the look of my contents page.
There are also relevant images included that relate to the magazine and the content. Different Yoga positions are placed around the page which will appeal and attract readers attention as they will want to know how to do it and what Yoga can do for you. I would ensure that I have relevant images on my contents page so it will compliment the text and also add some appeal and interest into the following pages. The Title is big and blue and stands out immediately, its the first things readers see and is straight to the point and says what the magazine is. I aim to create my magazine title relevant to my music genre so it represents the articles and interviews that will appear in my magazine. It also sticks to the blue and white colour scheme that is appearing on the page.
The details at the side include who the magazine was published and edited by and the address of the company. I would prefer to add these details at the back of the magazine or on the last page as these are not vital information that a consumer would want to see and takes up a lot of space on the page. Although I do believe this information is important making it smaller or on a different page would provide me with more space to include photos and text to attract consumers attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment