Monday 24 March 2014

Analysing my Questionnaire results

I handed out 20 of my Questionnaires to my target stereotypical audience, half male, half female to get fair and accurate results. To present my results I will be working out the feedback and making the answers into pie charts so it will be clear and easy to see so I know what my target audience wants to see and what I need to provide.
In order to display my results in a suitable way i am going to create a pie chart for each question to show what the percentages are and how many consumers preferred what answer, it will be a clear way of showing what they are after and what appeals to them. This will form a professional summary of what my target audience wants and what there responses are.

                                                                      Question 1

 
This shows that exactly half of my target audience preferred the title 'Intact', this will take a huge influence when choosing what my magazine should be called. Names like Discovered and Flash were very unpopular so i will be ruling these out as they didnt get many votes and recieved 2 each. I also feel that 'Intact' sounds professional and a realistic indie pop magazine name.
 
Question 2
 
 
Purple, Red and black took the largest percentage of the votes, nearly half which shows it was the most popular choice and was preferred by my target audience compared to Black and Blue and Blue Yellow and White. I will have to have a think about using purple, red and black for the colour scheme as when drafting my front cover in these colours it didnt really work and there was to much going on, i then tried a more basic approach in black and white and it worked much better, i will have to think about what colour scheme will work best for my magazine.
 
 
Question 3
 

 
Most of my target audience voted for 24 pages which is in the middle of all the other number options. i also feel that 16 is to little but 32 to many and i want to provide my consumers with detailed and neccessary pages without having loads of basic pages, i would rather have less. Less is more.
 
 
Question 4
 

 
My target audience overall have choosen a cheaper option of £2.99, i would be happy to produce my music magazine at this price but depending on any competitions or freebies i would give away i would have to take the price into consideration and maybe putting it up to 3.99. I want to keep it as cheap as possible to appeal to a wider audience.
 
Question 5
 

 
This pie chart is quite varied but just by a bit the first time festival tips pushes to the top. I think that this page would reach out and appeal to many festival fans and is important to include for there interest and saftey. I also think a gig competition would stand out compared to other magazines and would attract different consumers attention that wouldnt normally buy my music magazine.
 
Question 6

 
Again my target audience have voted for three, the middle number, i would be happy to include 3 shots of my main music artist as he is going to be the main feature in my magazine. Once i have started to create my magazine that will give me a better idea of how many photos will look suitable.
 
 
Question 7
 
 
Maxwell and Leon Connelly were the names that came out on top and were most liked by my target audience. I will have a test around and see what name suits my music artist best and what looks best on the actual magazine.
 
Question 8
 
 
Four is the amount of competitions my target consumers want to be able to enter within my magazine. I will have to see when making my magazine if that is actually too many because i want my magazine to have other detailed content not just to be able to win competitions.
 
Question 9
 
 
To include a female artist took more then half of the votes, which i think is more then fair as my magazine is for boys and girls and i already have a male artist featuring on the front page so including a female would be fair to level out the genders.
 
Question 10
 

 
Even though this question doesnt seem vital for audience members its important for me to know which camera shot would be appealing for my target audience. Mid shot was the most popular and i will take this into consideration when making my front cover.

 
I emailed my Questionnaire to my friend Megan and asked for her feedback and what she thought would work best for my music magazine, she text me back with her opinion of what would look best and how my magazine could reach its full potential. I will definitley be taking her opinion along with the pie charts into consideration when drafting and creating everything within my music magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment