Monday 19 November 2012

Concluding Questionnaire Results In Pie Charts

To analyse my results from the Questionnaires i designed i have decided to create pie charts and calculate all the information into them and it will allow me to see the percentages of what results have been decided by my target audience. i have made a pie chart for each question so its clear to see what answers are more popular than others. By taking this into account when creating my music magazine it will add more appeal to it for customers if they have had a say into how its been made and what colours i should choose etc.

Buzz! : 7 , 1 OF A KIND : 3 , Fresh : 2 , BoomTING : 3 , Boom Boom Pop : 5
The majority of my votes went to the name 'Buzz!' i quite like this name and im strongly considering using it because it sounds 'electric' and 'exciting' and as if you get a 'Buzz!' from reading my magazine, the other names didnt relate to the audience as much and they didnt claim as many votes so i think i will choose 'Buzz!' as my final name.

pink,blue and yellow : 8. pink,red and white : 5. white,red and yellow : 3. blue,red and white : 4.
The colour scheme 'pink,blue and yellow' gained 8 votes from my target audience which are quite bright bold colours which work well together and can relate to girls. They are also quite fun, pop like colours. The other colour schemes didnt pick up as many votes and i want to provide my audience with what they want and to be sucessful i need to choose the options that recieved the most votes.

99p : 3, £1.25 : 2, £1.50 : 7, £2.00 : 5, £3.00 : 3.
Even though there was the option of the magazine being a minimum of 99p the majority of the votes went to '£1.50' which was the middle price and is a suitable price to pay, as its not to pricey but its a reasonable price and it shows that my target audience would be willing to pay for

Yes : 19. No : 1.
Out of 20, 19 of the votes decided that they would like a free gift to be included. I may consider adding free gifts on some isses


Yes : 15. No : 5.
Three quarters of the population voted that competitions would encourage them to purchase the magazine and by adding a competition or a giveaway or a chance to meet a certain music artist i think it would be add more appeal and it would stand out from the other magazines out there.

Interviews : 7. Music Charts : 5. Music events and concerts : 5. Posters and fact files : 3.
The main population of my target audience chose that they would want an interview to read about rather than music events or posters. I think an interview with a well known famous celebrity would attract alot of attention and it would be appealing to more people. i also think that by adding music charts and music events and concert would reach out to a bigger audience and by including these it would add more of the recent news to it and whats hot right now. I might consider adding a poster at the back but that is not one of my main concerns, i may create a small fact file if i have enough space but i do not think that is a main concern and is a neccessity to include to would promote my magazine as much as a interview would.


Every Week : 3. Every Fortnight : 9. Every Month : 4. Every Season : 4.
The majority of my target audience chose that they would like the magazine to be released every fortnight with nearly 50 per cent of the votes choosing it and with the other 3 remaining options reaching a peak of 4 votes. I think a fortnightly magazine would be sucessful because it would give me enough time to produce each issue with enough information on and it would have the newest music gossip and news from the music artists aswell every 2 weeks and more people would be able to afford it if its not produced so reguarly. Where as if i released an issue every month or season there would be to much new gossip and information to include and there would be old news and it would need to be updated to much to keep in date with whats going on and a month is a long time for my readers to be kept waiting and they might become intrested in something else within that period of time.


From creating my Questionnaire and asking 7 revelant questions to 20 random girls in my target audience range, i then made my pie charts to calculate my results and view them in percentage and see what was popular and what wasnt. By doing this it would give me a better idea of what my audience want to see and what appeals to them and what doesnt and by allowing them to have input into how the magazine is made they have more likely to purchase the magazine and enjoy it knowing there opinions have been considered and more thought has been put into features like colour schemes and the magazines release date. I have decided to use the results which come up on top and if i dont think they will work i will edit them slightly to match my music magazine style. These pie charts have also helped me compare my results in a easy and organised way and it made it clear what i should choose and what wasnt appealing, hopefully by doing this t would make my magazine more sucessful and interesting for my readers.


No comments:

Post a Comment