Friday 22 February 2013

finished front cover


After much planning, editing and researching, the final draft for my music magazine front cover has finally been completed. My main photo was of my boy band 'AVENUE' and the main headlines were focused on them. I also included the bar code,price and date at the very bottom as its the last place that will be looked at and is the least important information, this is known as a 'Z Formation' as i mentioned earlier before. i also kept to my target audience research of having my colour scheme as 'blue,pink and yellow' i still remain happy with my decision and think the colours work well together and stand out and from my research have proven to be different compared to other current music magazines. Iv also used different font size and style depending on the importance and revelance of the text, as the 'avenue interview' is a main topic in my magazine it has larger font and stands out more then 'win tickets to the x factor tour' at the bottom. i have learnt that where the font is placed can be vital because it needs to be angled and positioned correctly, in order for the audience to notice it and be interested enough to look at it and want to read on further from the headlines tempting them. i also have 3 smaller headlines at the side, mentioning 3 different music stars that would add appeal and would reach out to more people. i believe my front cover does look right for my age range of young teenagers, and would appeal with the simple language used, bright colours and a wide selection of different headlines.

No comments:

Post a Comment