Wednesday 26 February 2014

Choosing My Artists Genre

There are a range of different music genres that music artists are categorised into such as pop,rock, indie and rap. I have decided to create a pop/indie male music artist inspired from real artists like Tom Odell and Bastille.
The magazine I will be creating will be a pop based magazine like blender and billboard and my aim is to ensure I create a professional looking front cover, contents page and a double page spread.
My target audience age will range from 14-21 and will appeal to boys and girls, the girls will look up to him and 'fancy him' like they do with Justin Bieber or Usher and the boys will enjoy his music and can relate to him as a person and what he says.


Tom Odell is the exact inspirational artist that I will aim to create my artist like. He writes his own songs and plays a variety of instruments and is a pop/indie artist. I will be researching a lot into artists like Tom to give me an idea of how to portray my music artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment